Community Birth Schools - working together to change the world one birth at a time
Community Birth Schools are your local birth education connection. Schools partner with Ancient Art Midwifery™ to provide a time-tested curriculum while local resources and issues are covered with students to create a true community school. Because birth belongs to families.
Who can start a school?
Everyone interested in birth
How does it work?
Now you can partner with the Ancient Art Midwifery™ and create your own Community Birth School.
How do I get started?
Choose a name for your school
License the Ancient Art Midwifery™ (AAM) online academic program for a small setup fee and a monthly per-student fee - an accessible school is our goal.
Use the curriculum as-is or create a customized curriculum based on your cultural/community needs.
You have the option to sell your custom curriculum back to the school to be shared with other schools.
Host in-person classes and study groups in a location of your choosing.
You can review submissions/assignments yourself if you are a practicing midwife or have AAM instructors do the reviews.
Get paid by students to teach
Meet on your schedule - biweekly, monthly, or quarterly.
Access AAM’s library of audio and video resources – over 500 recordings and growing – to supplement your students’ program.
Graduate students from your school.
- Help ensure parents continue to have birthing options by educating the apprentices and birth attendants of tomorrow.
- Receive supplemental income from sharing your time and knowledge.
- Use the seasoned, tested, and completely updated educational framework from AAM, the original out-of- hospital training program.
- Customize our program to suit your community’s needs instead of spending time and energy creating your own. You probably have better things to do than reinventing the wheel.
- Create the local community of knowledgeable, supportive birthworkers that you want to be a part of.
About Ancient Art Midwifery™ ( AAM ) Ancient Art Midwifery™ is fundamentally dedicated to the promotion of midwifery as more than a contemporary profession. Midwifery is a sacred art and through it we honor those who came before us. Our generation did not invent the right to give birth where and with whom one chooses, and we revere the instincts that facilitate healthy non-medical births all over the world. We want to be known as someone who held space and provided resources for the next generation of smart, caring support persons who practice the ancient art of touching the future.